Saturday, January 06, 2007

Earworms

You know how you get a tune stuck in your head? It's called an earworm and unfortunately it's never the whole song, just an annoying snippit over and over and over and ...

This happens to me all the time. I always wake up with a song in my head. This is odd because I don't wake to an alarm clock. As a freelancer, I have the ability to wake up when my body tells me so. So it's not a song I catch from the clock radio jarring me out of slumberland. Sometimes I can figure out where it comes from -- sometimes I think it's an old tooth filling picking up random radio stations.

Today it's "Paperback Writer." Just that part. "Paperback Writer" over and over. But then my mind likes to change it up a bit -- usually something to the dogs or cats. So now it becomes "Puppydog barker".

Argh.

3 comments:

Nichelle said...

Eesh...yesterday it was the theme to "Elmo's World"... I think I may scream...

Sus said...

well this is rather interesting: "Medications that are used to treat Obsessive-compulsive disorder or anxiety can alleviate the symptoms of earworms.

I wonder what the connection is? *lol*

DodysWorld said...

are you saying I'm obsessive compulsive? Me? ... where is my Purell....