Saturday, November 22, 2008

Viva la Vida

Coldplay was in town last night for our first concert in almost a year. It was nice to get out but we were sleepy (busy week, we're old, we're parents). We also had the really scary seats -- nice view but I was getting vertigo. The show opened with a band from east Texas, Sleepercar. They were new to me (I joke that I get all my new music from Grey's Anatomy or One Tree Hill, but it's true). They were pretty good.

Coldplay, however, was fantastic. I really like their music. Someone made fun of me a couple of weeks ago when I excitedly mentioned that I was going to the show. This person accused them of being a U2 soundalike. I haven't yet bought the new Coldplay album but have heard a few of the songs. I heard more last night. Funny, to me, they sound like Coldplay!

One of my favorite parts of the concert was when they released all these colored bits of paper (like leaves, or really more like snow) and then turned on the black lights. Very cool.

No comments: