Wednesday, February 14, 2007

I hade bein thick!

My immune system got a little overwhelmed by the dust of redoing my bathroom floor (ripped out vinyl linoleum and put in some cool tile), as well as the couple of days of toxic inversion (pollution that gets stuck in warmer weather up against the mountains with cold air on the top). So now I have snot head. And I sound like Barry White. With Tuberculosis.

But I got some really good prescription cough medicine that at least lets me breath (blue is so not my color) but makes me a bit loopy.

A woof out to Westminster champion James! Ends up the hubby had a last minute trip last weekend to New York and stayed right by Madison Square Garden. He was wondering why there were so many beautiful dogs at his hotel. I tried to find a last minute ticket to join him but no luck -- probably better since I am thick...

But that would have been really cool to see Westminster. I once worked for a local company that does show dog magazines (did layout and design). I got to travel to several dog shows around the country -- the first was the Poodle Nationals in Maryland. You've seen "Best in Show"? Yeah, those people are real! What a hoot. I did get to meet Anne Rogers Clark though -- who was mentioned last night on the Westminster show. I didn't realize she had passed away in December. She was pretty big in the dog show world.

But I never got to go to the "superbowl" of the dog shows! That would have been fun. Well it was fun to watch on high-definition TV with my echinachea tea, puffs plus tissues and cough drops. Happy, happy dogs! Happy, happy me! (more cough medicine, whoo hoo)

No comments: