Thursday, December 29, 2005

Time, time, time

Someone remarked the other day something along the lines of she doesn’t have time to blog because she works/has a family/has a life. I think it was accusing me of not having/doing that. I beg to differ! I work twice as much as most people. That is the life of a freelancer. It allows me more flexibility in the long run - such as putting my thoughts in to a dozen or so half-finished Word files in a folder on my laptop called “Blogs”. It also allows me to spend a lot of time with my family who happens to be all furry and four-legged but sometimes require the same attention as a herd of 4-year-olds.

Whether or not I have a life is up for discussion. Somedays I think my arms are permanently connected to the computer keyboard. Many of my conversations are in meow or bark. But I do get out from time to time, so haven’t become the old cat/dog lady just yet.

Do I have time really to do anything? No. Not really. So I fit in what I like first, then do the have-to’s second.

Speaking of time ... better get back to work!

1 comment:

Sus said...

"...such as putting my thoughts in to a dozen or so half-finished Word files in a folder on my laptop called “Blogs”."

Oh Goooody Gooody Goody I'm not the only freak that does this!! *LOL*